All about a trip to Shirdi in Maharashtra
Who doesn’t know about the Shirdi Wale Sai Baba and his miracles? He was a pure soul who lived a saintly life and is still worshipped by millions in India and the world over. His birthplace and shrine are in Shirdi, which is located in Ahmednagar District of Maharashtra. This holy place is 240 kms from Mumbai and 190 kms from Pune. Let’s guide you through the temple timings, places to stay and eat and other tourist attractions.
• Temple opens – 4 am.
• Bhupali – 4:15 am
• Kadak Aarti – 4:30 am to 5 am.
• Bhajan in Temple – 5 am.
• Holy/Mangal Bath of Sai Baba – 5:05 am.
• Aarti Shirdi Majhe Pandharpur – 5:35 am.
• Darshan Begins in Samadhi Temple - 5:40 am.
• Dhuni Pooja with rice and ghee in Dwarkami – 11:30 am.
• Mid Day Aarti – 12:00 am.
• Pothi/Devotional study – 4:00 pm.
• Evening Dhoop Aarti – Sunset time.
• Devotional songs in Samadhi Temple – 8:30 pm to 10:30 pm.
• Shej Aarti – 10:30 pm.
• Temple closes – 11 pm.
Note: On Thusday Baba’s Palkhi Procession starts at 9:15 pm from Samadhi Mandir.
Places to stay in Shirdi
Shirdi Sai Baba Sansthan Trust has nicely developed Ashrams to cater large number of tourists. The complex houses many guest rooms that you can rent at affordable prices. For easy booking of accommodation please login to http://online.sai.org.in/.
1) Sai Ashram Bhaktiniwas AC Room – 3 beds – Rupees 500.
2) Sai Ashram Bhaktiniwas Non- AC Room – 3 beds –Rupees 200.
3) Sai Asharam Dharamshala Dormitory – Single bed rent Rupees 10.
4) Sai Asharam Dharamshala Big Hall – Rupees 500.
5) Sai Bhakta Niwas 5/6/8/11/12 Beds room – Rupees 200 to 500.
Being a busy religious tourist places Shirdi has many good hotels suiting every budget. And below are some good rates properties for a comfortable stay:
Low Budget Comfortable Hotels – Rent in Rupees -700 to 1500
1) Hotel Shirdi Sai Inn – 0.9 kms from shrine.
2) Sai Srusthi – 1.1 kms from shrine.
3) Guru Krupa – 0.9 kms from shrine.
4) Sai Mamta – 0.9 kms from shrine.
5) Season Choice – 0.9 kms from shrine.
6) Sri Sai Niladri Residency – 0.9 kms from shrine.
7) Classio Suits – 1.4 kms from shrine.
8) Hotel Yogiraj.
9) Hotel Sai Balaji.
10) Hotel Sai Snehal.
Medium Budget Luxury Hotels – Rent in Rupees – 1500 to 4500
1) Sai Baba International Hotel.
2) St. Laurn – The Spiritual Resort.
3) Sai Neem Tree Hotel.
4) Hotel Sai Jashan.
5) Hotel Marigold Regency.
6) Hotel Sai Chhatra.
7) The Temple View Hotel.
8) Jivanta Hotel.
9) Bhagya Laxmi.
10) JC Castle.
11) Goradia’s Lord Inn.
12) Hotel Sai Miracle.
13) Hotel Sai Bansi.
High Budget Luxury Hotels
1) Sun n Sand Suites.
2) Hotel Temple Tree.
Restaurants in Shirdi
Eating joints are very good here offering variety of Indian and western dishes and even home deliveries. Some of the best are listed below.
1) Ahimsa Veg Café.
2) Madhuban Shirdi.
3) Bail Leaves.
4) The Tulip.
5) Trail Restaurant.
6) Masala Tree Banquets.
Other Tourist Places
1) Sai Teerth Theme Park – A fully air conditioned spiritual park offering 4 shows on life of Sai Baba.
2) Gurusthan – Known as Seat of a Teacher as Sai Baba was first seen here as a 16 year old boy.
3) Sai Heitage Village – Depiction of village life of Sai Baba via statues in real village like settings.
4) Shani Shingnapur – The world famous miraculous temple of Lord Shani. 65 kms from Sai Temple.
5) Wet N Joy waterpark – Make your kids enjoy a gala time here with the fun water slides.
6) Lendi Baug – A garden where Sai used to come to water the plants and sit in the lap of nature.
7) Dwarkamai – Place where Sai lived until his death.
8) Hanuman Mandir – One of the oldest temples of this holy town.
9) Jangli Maharaj Ashram – You can stay here for Yoga and Spiritual classes.
We wish you enjoy for trip to this holy land.